Application deadline is March 18, 2022.
To apply, complete the form: https://form.jotform.com/213604515506954
- Tuition: Shared among FIT and Upstream Rehabilitation
- Fellows are eligible for full benefit package as a URI partner employee
- Candidates must be an employee of an URI partner clinic upon the time of matriculation and have graduated from an accredited OT or PT program
- Current OT or PT state licensure with modalities certification (if applicable)
- Ability to carry a 40%+ hand/UE caseload during Fellowship
- Identification of CHT Mentor of same profession (preferable) within reasonable distance for frequent travel
- ASHT membership (may begin in January of cohort year-membership fees not prorated); AOTA/APTA recommended – -replace with below
- Active ASHT membership required prior to introductory course material; AOTA/APTA membership recommended
- 3 letters of reference (peer or mentor therapist, clinic director, and regional director recommended)
- 6 months of clinical experience upon program matriculation
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 12 months experience in hand/UE rehabilitation in an outpatient orthopedic setting
- Recommended pre-Fellowship coursework: URI’s Intro to Hand Therapy and Intro to Orthoses coursework (or similar)
*Finalists will be interviewed prior to acceptance into the program. Program acceptance is competitive with a limited number of seats available for those who meet criteria and have an appropriate regional mentor available, with mentoring and hand program growth plan approved by RVP, per policies and procedures. For those selected, pre-program introductory online modules will be assigned and are to be completed prior to program matriculation.